Courses being offered in the Summer 2019 have yet to be determined
PLEASE BE AWARE that due to the abbreviated, intensive nature of the summer program, homework assignments and assigned readings form a major component of all our courses. Students should be prepared to spend four hours per day on homework in addition to the class time. Students may select ONE COURSE ONLY to complete during the Summer School session.
** Prerequisite Requirements: Prerequisite courses must be completed and passed prior to summer school. Students registered without the required prerequisites will be withdrawn from the course.
Courses that have been offered in previous years during Summer School have been:
- Biology 20, 30
- Chemistry 20, 30
- English 10-1, 10-2, 20-1, 20-2
- English 30-1, 30-2
- Math 10-C, 10-3, 20-1, 20-2, 20-3, 30-1, 30-2, 30-3
- Physics 20, 30
- Science 10, 14, 20, 24, 30
- Social Studies 10-1, 10-2, 20-1, 20-2, 30-1, 30-2
- CALM (3 Credit Course)
- Physical Education 10 (3 Credit Course)
NOTE: CALM & PE10 are separate classes
**Remember only ONE COURSE can be completed during Summer School**
What does learning look like in Summer School
A teacher specialized in the subject is present to assist the student for successful completion of their course.
- Due to the abbreviated, intensive nature of the summer program, homework assignments and assigned readings form a major component of all our courses. Students should be prepared to spend four hours per day on homework in addition to the class time
Attendance is mandatory. Any absence must be verified by doctor note. Continued absences, even with doctor's note, may result in the removal from the course.
Will my class be delivered by Direct Instruction
NO, due to the unpredictableness of registration numbers and an effort to keep class sizes small, classes will be grouped by subject and level. By combining classes we reduced the risk of course cancellations. Students can expect curriculum to be delivered through Independent Modules/Moodle and/or Google Classroom but supported and evaluated by the teacher.