Due to the abbreviated, intensive nature of the summer program, homework assignments and assigned readings form a major component of all our courses. Students should be prepared to spend four hours per day on homework in addition to the class time. Students may select ONE COURSE ONLY to complete during the Summer School session.
** Prerequisite Requirements: Prerequisite courses must be completed and passed prior to summer school. Students registered without the required prerequisites will be withdrawn from the course.
- Biology 20, 30
- Chemistry 20, 30
- English 10-1, 10-2, 20-1, 20-2
- English 30-1, 30-2
- Math 10-C, 10-3, 20-1, 20-2, 20-3, 30-1, 30-2, 30-3
- Physics 20, 30
- Science 10, 14, 20, 24, 30
- Social Studies 10-1, 10-2, 20-1, 20-2, 30-1, 30-2
- CALM (3 Credit Course) - July 3rd - 19th
- Physical Education 10 (3 Credit Course) - July 3rd - 19th
- *NEW Foods Class - July 3rd - 13th * 8 student maximum
NOTE: CALM & PE10 are separate classes
**Foods Class: nine in class cooking days to focus on learning safety in the kitchen, cooking basics to advanced cooking in a small class setting. Students will have the opportunity to earn upwards of 5 credits at the 10, 20 or 30 levels. All class time will be focused on cooking with the paperwork requirements to be completed on thier own time. Students will be expected to have 100% attendance.
**Psychology 20: this course is designed for students with an interest in human behaviour and personality. The scientific study of behaviour and mental processes of human beings is explored through exposure to psychological facts, approaches, principles, and phenomena.
**Remember only ONE COURSE can be completed during Summer School, so only one registration form should be filled out
What does learning look like in Summer School
A teacher specialized in the subject is present to assist the student for successful completion of their course.
- Due to the abbreviated, intensive nature of the summer program, homework assignments and assigned readings form a major component of all our courses. Students should be prepared to spend four hours per day on homework in addition to the class time
Attendance is mandatory. Any absence must be verified by doctor note
Will my class be delivered by Direct Instruction
No, due to the unpredictableness of registration numbers and an effort to keep class sizes small, classes will be grouped by subject and level. By combining classes we reduced the risk of course cancellations.